Monday, September 13, 2010

Some thoughts on Sex...

I know (from some of my friends whom I have debated with) that people look at human sexuality in a “whole world like perspective”. In other words, individuals may view human sexuality as a negative and or positive aspect that affects the world around them. First off, I would like to address the positive aspects that I believe are evident and possible (again, it is ok to disagree with me, I am a human who loves to debate!).

Here is a list of positive aspects, with some reasoning.
1. A couple could produce a revolutionary child, whom brings about great changes around the world (for example: Albert Einstein)
2. Rare and even beneficial traits could be passed on to a couples offspring. Some examples may be left handedness, or O- Negative blood (which could be beneficial for saving someone’s life) .
3. Some people love the idea of being a father, and having a child to resent part of their identity is an extremely satisfying deed.

On the other hand, there is always a flip side to things, which is fortunate, because it always opens up a realm for debate. I’m just here to do a general outline of either sides, but in my own opinion... well let’s just say I want to be a father.

Here are some negative perspectives.
1. Overpopulation. The world has limited resources for unlimited wants, and therefore, cannot sustain such an enormous population.
2. Adopt a child, because there are many starving children in third world countries that would love to have a home. Why reproduce when you can save another child who is struggling to survive?

Of course, there are many different perspectives out there that one could choose to take. Like I have mentioned above, I am here to clearly just outline a couple that have come to my mind. For this next point, I want to make it clear that I do not agree with this at all, as I feel it is a little bit disrespectful to women. Empirical and analytic paradigms may argue that from a biological perspective that women and men are physically made to reproduce. Women carry hundreds of eggs and men carry almost an infinite amount of sperm. Scientifically, the evidence says that women should be used to reproduce continually throughout their lives.

 Finally, an individual could go about the route of waiting until marriage before sexual intercourse. I am a firm believer that sex should not be rushed between couples. However, I don’t think it should be taken to the extreme of waiting until marriage. I have a corny little metaphor that I use to describe a relationship. Imagine a gigantic Egyptian pyramid, which soars hundreds of feet into the sky. I believe that sexual intercourse rests upon the pinnacle of the pyramid. I also agree that sex is the ultimate intimacy between two loved ones. In order to build a strong and successful relationship, one must start by communicating, and building trust. These aspects are the base of the hundred feet pyramid. In logical terms, a pyramid will tumble down, and fail if it does not have a strong baseline, just like a relationship. If a couple chooses to rush into sex, then essentially in my metaphorical eyes, the pyramid is being flipped upside down, and is forced to stand on its point, with its base soaring in the air. This structural design of the pyramid would tumble down in seconds, destroying the relationship. Essentially, I believe that a couple should work their way up to sexual intercourse, by constantly melding and constructing a strong base so the relationship stands strong. This metaphor has evidence, because my relationship with my girl friend has “progressed swimmingly thus far” (Keenan Anderton- Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment