Monday, December 6, 2010

Most of my Family Studies Schema (and my final rant!)

 I remember a teacher once told me that a schema was like a mind map, filled with ideas that sometimes accommodate each other, or assimilate. In my attempts to be creative, I thought it would be perfect to end this blog by showing you my knowledge of the entire course. But, unfortunately, the program that I am using can only hold so many bubbles (The ideas that connect) and because of this, I was only able to depict 75% or more of my schema. I apologize for the frustrating limits of technology (this thing took me days!), but please follow the directions to get to my schema. It very large, just a cautious warning, this schema is so big it might slow your computer a bit!
1. Please go to the following website: http://www.bubbl.us/ 
2. The username is klooste, and my password is th990987 (lower case, no caps) enter this in, then push enter.
3 Once this is done, it will bring you to a screen, with a bubble shape that says start here. If you look over to the right, you will see two saved files, new project, and family studies.
4. Please click on family studies, and you will see my waters of knowledge!
5. In the top left corner, below bubblus you will see a few navigation bars that might be helpful. The - sign zooms out, and the + zooms in (you may have to zoom out, because [not to brag] this things huge!) Also, you can scroll around in my bubblus by simply clicking and dragging, or by using the mouse-wheel.
If you have any issues finding/viewing this, please email me at matt_kloosterman@hotmail.com.

 Before I entered this course, my mind was as narrow as a straw. But now I feel that my knowledge has become enriched and widened into a deep ocean. To be honest, I feel more respect towards women. Even though we only generally touched on the waves of feminism, I feel that there are many connotations I can make to the waves. For example, Victor Malarek is a male voice who is taking a second wave feminism stance. This surprised me, and when I think about it, women are still being degraded inside our school halls. Its pretty easy to say that several women spend time trying to appeal to the crowd of boys, because us as men have put these pressures on women. But, I always say when you point the finger at someone else, your pointing three at yourself. So in reality, women could choose to stand up against this notion of make up. I even see it in my girl friend, we've been dating now for two years, and she still feels obligated to put make up on her face, when in reality she knows in my eyes that she's beautiful.  As you can see, I think this class has made become more like Keenen Anderton (hahaha), because he takes such a philosophical critical theoretical point of view on things. We have studied topics that I was completely naive too, like Habermas' paradigms and how he's missing a theological point of view, or that the co-habitors are less likely to have a successful life long marriage  Like my bubbl attempts to convey, I have really learned an enormous amount in this class.
In the public sphere, this course has certainly doubled my confidence when it comes to writing. This blog is an ingenious idea, because I can easily sit down and freely type their thoughts, or opinions without feeling the pressures of a test situation. It allows for creativity that is only limited by my imagination. Most importantly, I hope I can adopt many of your teaching qualities when I have finally settled into my career as an educator. Your willingness, support, and confidence in all your students is seen by many. It is not only this course that I will take in my arsenal, but your abilities to teach thoroughly, and considerably well will mirrored by me in the future.  I hope you understand that you are a great professor. Consider yourself a role model!
It has been a pleasure being your student,
thank you for everything.
Regards, Matt Kloosterman

No comments:

Post a Comment