Monday, November 15, 2010

On Rob's Birthday...

 Hey its me, I'm sorry Mr Blog, I havn't written to you in awhile. Today, I want to go through what we as a class went over on November 10, 2010, or known as Rob's birthday, as illustrated in my notes.

As a class we took a critical theoretical approach to why guys call other guys a bitch. Essentially, we learned that this notion alludes to homosexual violence, which seems to be demeaning to homosexual men. A student of Freud was also revealed, belief it or not. This student known as Lacon, was a follower and opposer to his teacher, Freud. Lacon strongly believed that we do not speak language, language on the other hand, speaks us. I think is an intriguing idea that Lacon brings foreward, which again seems to come from the Critical Theoretical Paradigm. Lacon seems to be giving life like traits to the notion of language, which in my opinion seems convincing because without communication, where would the human race be? Still in a cave bashing rocks over our heads. Is it fair to say that language could also be filed under one of our basic needs as human beings, next to food, water and clothing? Don't we as human beings need to communicate in order to have a healthy and stable well being?  I think Lacon is trying to reveal the importance of language which is overlooked by several people, and without communication, the human race would stagger and struggle to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment